Welcome to the Winter programme. We hope you enjoy it. There is a vast range of walks from 4 to 13.5miles including waterfalls, industrial history, folk history, castles and of course not least our wonderful countryside. There are also interesting talks at The Bear, Crickhowell most months.
Future events for your diary
- 9th November Illustrated talk by members who hiked the GR10 along the Pyrenees.
- Next Year on September 13th it is BBPS 25th anniversary. There will be a dinner on the weekend but also some special events and walks. If you have any good ideas please let us know.
- Crickhowell Walking Festival this year is 25th February – 5th March. All BBPS members please note that if you wish to go on any of these walks you will now have to pay (even if it is a BBPS walk leader.)
- Wednesday Wander holiday, Elan Valley 21 – 23 March 2017.Check multi day walks on the website or ring Fiona McBain 07979037243.
- Events at The Bear include an exciting trek around Dhaulagiri in Nepal and Welsh for Walkers. If any of you have ideas for future speakers please let us know.
- Talgarth Walking Festival is April 28th – May1st 2017.
N.B. Unfortunately a few weekend dates do not have walks scheduled. If a leader is found we will advertise the walk on the website.
If you are happy to view or download this programme from the website instead of receiving a posted hard copy, please contact the Membership Secretary Ben Sladen, using the Contact Form on the AGM and Accounts Page. We will email you to let you know when the next programme has been published on the website, which is usually before the printed programmes have been posted.
Don’t forget you can obtain discount from Gibb Outdoors in Brecon, Crickhowell Adventure in Crickhowell and Up & Under in Cardiff on production of your membership card.
If you would like to find out whether there are Society members living in your area who would be willing to car-share to walks and events, please contact the Membership Secretary Ben Sladen, using the Contact Form on the AGM and Accounts Page
Rights of Way – Diversions and Problems
David Dickson, the Society’s Rights of Way Officer, publishes a list of know issues affecting footpaths in the National Park. Click here to see the current listing or to report a problem you have found.