Scroll down this page for the links to the current programme.
All our Guided Walks are carefully graded to ensure that you know what level of difficulty you may encounter. If you are not used to hill walking, then we recommend that you try and start on a Moderate Walk, so you can gauge your level of fitness and ability against our grading system, which is necessarily somewhat subjective.
- Participants must satisfy themselves that the walk is suitable for their abilities.
- You can take advice, by ringing the walk leader whose telephone number is given.
- No liability will be accepted for loss or injury that occurs as a result of taking part.
- A responsible adult must accompany young people (under18).
Require fitness and stamina to cope with several steep climbs and/or cover a good distance at a steady pace.
Generally involve two steep climbs, but they will require determined application.
Will seldom have steep climbs, but if they do, the climb will be taken at a relaxed pace.
MOST OF OUR WALKS ARE FOR EXPERIENCED WALKERS – IF YOU’RE NOT SURE OF YOUR ABILITY WHY NOT START OFF WITH A MODERATE WALK TO FIND OUT?
Most of our walks go into the hills. Participants are reminded that the following gear must be taken:
- walking boots (3 season for winter)
- warm clothing (not jeans!)
- spare fleece
- water and a hot drink
- extra food
- and of course, waterproof jacket and trousers.
- A whistle and head torch (with spare batteries) should be carried, particularly during the winter months
- and a hi-visibility garment would be very useful in case of poor visibility.
For more information on walks, including advice on dogs, meeting places, start and finish times, weather forecasts and more, please see our Guidance for Walks page. And for up to date information on the walks please see our Notes on the Current Programme. You can also see our other Events Page for more activities by the Society.
Note: Any changes or cancellations of walks will be added to the monthly listing below, the Flipbooks and pdfs will not be updated.
Use this form to contact Anthea Scott or Wally James about anything to do with our walks programme.